Baseball season is here again and as a loyal fan of your favorite team, you may want to follow them across the country and be part of each celebration that comes with each win. This is that time of year that you get to experience some of the best moments in Baseball. However, if you are planning to be following your team across the country, there are some things that you should know about so that you don’t inconvenience yourself in any way.
For example, there are some games whose ticket prices are considered really high, and you’ll need to book them in advance if you have a hope of getting into the ball game. Many tickets for the “hotter” games will be more be costly (i.e. major rival teams facing off), and some stadiums will charge more than others. Looking at you Fenway Park and Yankee Stadium! Still, we completely understand that loyal fans don’t care about the details and just want their trips to be as seamless as possible.
- Pack light. If you will be following a team throughout the entire season, pack light for ease of movement. Don’t forget your team gear, but you don’t need to bring a bunch of clothes and excess junk with you.
- Don’t leave your prescriptions and daily essentials at home. You might be gone for a day or even a week with your team so make sure you have enough to get your through until you can either get home or at least somewhere to re-stock.
- Know where you’re staying before you arrive in a new city. This is where working with us as your travel agents can come in handy. We can tell you what hotels will be sold out and where you can get the most hotel for your travel buck.
- Research things to do in each city. You’ll need to fill the time before the games, so figure out what you can do in the down time.
- Don’t drink too much and refrain from junk food. There is nothing worse than getting too sick to travel when following a baseball team across the nation!
- Have travel insurance. Stuff happens. Be prepared for the unexpected!
- Take lots of pictures, but refrain from souvenir purchases. Again, remember the goal is to pack light for ease of movement.
- Get to the games early. Not only will you ensure you don’t miss any of the game, you might even get to meet and talk to the team!
Need more help planning your epic baseball based travel. Call Traveling Sports Fans at (855) 805-0485 and we’ll get you sorted!